The Dark Side

 

Our family farm was established in 1849 by an Irish settler named Charlie Murphy. He soon realized the fate that eventually befalls all the owners of this farm; for Charlie and his family disappeared, as do all the families who have lived here since. Come take a tour of our farm and discover the fate of all the families who came before. Can you survive longer than they did?

Shortly after acquiring the property Charlie started to notice cows disappearing on the west side of the farm. As he was searching for the cause of the disappearances he fell down a hole. Upon further inspection he realized what he had found was the remnants of an old mine. He spent days fumbling through the darkness of the tunnels.  After a day had passed his family found the hole Charlie had fallen down and went in after him. They started calling his name and he replied back, but they more they searched the more confused and lost they became. Neither Charlie nor his family was ever heard from again.

The longest family to survive the farm to date is the Wilton family. James Wilton bought this farm in 1870 after it had been abandoned for 20 years. They were lumberjacks and wanted the farm only for its trees. They built a sawmill and started clearing right away. After a number of years tragedy befell when James was killed in the sawmill because a pile of logs fell on him. After that the family left the sawmill and started producing moonshine for the locals. They soon became a large business, producing lots of varieties of moonshine. As they started to play with the ingredients they happened upon a very potent formula. A formula that caused vibrant hallucinations and they started to “see” the evil things that you only dream about. After a couple weeks they couldn’t take the visions any longer and disappeared into the darkness of the forest.

This is the story of Grandma Townsend and her children. Grandma Townsend acquired the farm from the state to run an orphanage for troubled children. The children were sent to the country to be kept away from the public, so they were required to stay on the farm at all times. As a way to pass the time they started to build things in the Pine Forest. One day as they were looking for a place to build a cabin they came upon barrels that had been left by the state. As they started to inspect the barrels one of them burst, spraying the youths with an unknown substance. Soon after, the children started to change and mutate into unnatural things. Grandma Townsend feared what people might think of the children she loved so she kept them quarantined in the forest. Three years later Grandma Townsend died and the children were left by themselves and no one knew of their existence. They continued to live in the pine forest always building and living in secret.

In this part of the farm, just east of one of the ponds, is where everyone knows the evil spirits roam at night. No one really knows why these lost souls inhabit this area of the farm. But on many a night as the fog begins to roll off the pond you can hear the tortured sounds.

In 1953 Alexander and Nicholas Davis returned from the war and purchased the farm to settle down and become farmers. The next spring they planted corn as far as the eye could see. Halfway through the season they discovered that something was eating their corn. They set out traps for normal pest such as deer and raccoons, but every morning when they checked the traps they found that they had all been destroyed. They both realized that they were dealing with something more serious. After weeks of losing more and more corn they decided to set a large trap and deal with this once and for all. They cut large paths into the corn that all led to their trap in the middle. The next morning they came out to find a creature like no other; they constructed a large cage on the edge of their field and imprisoned the creature there. Later that week, as they were tending their field they felt as if something was watching them as they worked, but could see nothing. The two men vanished before their corn could ever be harvested that year.

In 1964 Foxglove Nurseries Inc. purchased the farm at auction to create a grow farm for multiple greenhouses to supply their stores. After a couple successful seasons they decided to setup a greenhouse to develop hybrid species. What was created in that greenhouse, no one really knows, because before they could announce any of their creations there was some kind of chemical spill and the whole farm had to be evacuated. Official reports state that all of the employees made it out alive, but we have unearthed documents that reveal there were several botanists that never made it out of the greenhouses.